Diagnostic Services You Can Trust
Accredited for all species by the American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians and is a member of the United States Department of Agriculture's National Animal Health Laboratory Network and a member of Food and Drug Administration's Veterinary Laboratory Investigation and Response Network.
New assays have been added to our serology and virology sections.
You can now request testing for the following:
- Bovine Herpes Type 1 (Infectious Bovine Rhinopneumonitis/IBR) DFA
- Bovine Parainfluenza-3 (PI-3) DFA
- Bovine Respiratory Syncytial Virus (BRSV) DFA
- Bovine Viral Diarrhea Virus (BVDV) DFGA
- Canine Adenovirus DFA
- Canine Distemper Virus
- Canine Parainfluenza-2 Virus (CPI-2) DFA
- Equine Rhinopneumonitis Virus / Equine Herpesvirus Type 1 DFA
- Feline Leukemia Virus (FeLV) IFA
We have been working hard to onboard new PCR tests
- Bovine parainfluenza-3 (PI-3) can be run individually ($35). Also within our Bovine Respiratory Panel including BRSV, BVD, & OBR/BHV-1) ($60).
- Campylobacter venerealis can be run individually ($35).
And much more...
Our team of dedicated professionals provides accurate and timely diagnostic service in animal health to veterinarians, animal owners, university researchers, and state and federal agencies. The laboratory serves a diverse client base with submissions of wild animals, exotic zoo animals, pet animals, horses and food producing animals.
Serving All of Arizona
Veterinarians, researchers and government agencies around the state rely on AZVDL for timely and accurate test results when caring for pets, wild animals, livestock, zoo animals and more. We specialize in microbiology, cytology, histopathology, molecular diagnostics, and necropsy.
The Arizona Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory is a part of the Office for Research, Innovation and Impact at the University of Arizona.
The AZVDL is accredited for all species by the American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians and is a member of the United States Department of Agriculture's National Animal Health Laboratory Network (NAHLN), and a member of Food and Drug Administration's Veterinary Laboratory Investigation and Response Network.
Submit a Sample
Thank you for selecting Arizona Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory to serve your diagnostic needs. A fillable submission form and a printable user guide are available for your convenience. Please complete the fillable submission form, print and submit it with your sample or email submission to RII-AZVDL@ag.arizona.edu