Submitting to AzVDL
How do I Ship Specimens to AzVDL
Tucson and Southeastern Arizona (Nogales, Sonoita, Patagonia, Green Valley, Sierra Vista, Douglas, Benson, Willcox, Bisbee, and Safford):
- To arrange for a courier pick-up call the laboratory before 12:00 P.M. for same-day service. Some exceptions* apply
- To arrange delivery of cadavers call the laboratory. We contract this service with a private courier and additional charges may apply.
- Due to the rising cost of Courier Service, submissions requesting tests referred to outside laboratories will be billed a $20 surcharge (submissions for in-house laboratory services will have no courier surcharge).
The Greater Phoenix Area
- To arrange delivery of cadavers call the laboratory. We contract this service with a private courier and the charges will be added to your bill. Charges typically range from $75-$125. Small specimens such as cultures, cytology, biopsy, etc. are best shipped via UPS or FedEx.
Using AzVDL Shipping Services for your Shipments
- You can realize significant savings using United Parcel Service (UPS) by charging your shipments to our account. If you would like a UPS pre-printed waybill to be sent to you, please call the laboratory at (520) 621-2356. We will add the shipping charges to our service fees.
- Small cadavers and specimens should be shipped UPS/FedEx Priority Overnight. If using AzVDL UPS shipping account we will add the cost to your bill. For larger cadavers please contact local ground-based couriers.
NOTE: Do not ship on Fridays, as we are not open on the weekend and will not receive the package until Monday afternoon